AV Concepts is a respected leader with a 30+ year track record of excellence in the convergence of technology and creativity in the live events industry. We recognize, respect and promote the power of our employees.
You will be joining a top team of industry professionals that bring unique technology and creative expertise together to offer the most innovative solutions to our clients that are limited only by your imagination!
About the role:
The Business Development role will support Sales, Marketing and Business Development efforts through direct client outreach. This position will be responsible for engaging directly with new client contacts to generate interest, evaluate needs, identify and qualify potential sales opportunities and lay a foundation for new, successful relationships with clients at the earliest stages of the sales process.
The scope of responsibilities will include cold calling, opportunity qualifying, needs assessment, opportunity identification, CRM data system entry, interaction with Account Managers, and nurturing of client relationships in the early stages.
This position requires a highly organized individual with previous sales experience, some knowledge of technology products and/or services and an outgoing personality with an exceptional capability to multi-task while delivering results. The ideal candidate will have worked in a sales culture that values customer services, personal accountability, teamwork and a positive “can-do” attitude.
What you need:
- Exceptional at multi-tasking and organizing to deliver results
- Confident and engaging phone skills that build trust immediately
- Familiarity with web-based CRM systems
- Experience with experiential marketing, PR campaigns and conferences a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly, helpful and positive personality with a can-do attitude
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, fast-paced, ever-changing team environment
- Knowledge of audio-visual industry a must
- Ability to work independently and exercise good time management
- Quality work and attention to detail are critical
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
What you'll do:
- Actively working assigned vertical markets and key client contact lists
- Developing, managing and reporting a strategic sales plan for all assigned verticals
- Direct communication with leads to evaluate needs, identify sales opportunities, and build confidence in AVC’s service quality and innovation.
- Build relationships with potential clients in the early-stage and nurture the relationship until it is ready for transition to Account Manager, SME’s or sale leadership.
- Enter and maintain accurate new lead information in company’s CRM system (Dynamics).
- Outreach to identified Prospects to foster new relationships.
- Collaborates with sales team to understand best practices and continually update ideal candidate profiles to maximize capability to identify and pursue high quality leads and Prospects.
- Engaging in-person with leads in corporate meeting and conference environments when needed (occasionally).
Why you'll like working here:
- Top salary and commission
- Medical, dental, and 401k retirement plan
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Casual dress code
- Cell phone reimbursement