AV Concepts is a respected leader with a 30+ year track record of excellence in the convergence of technology and creativity in the live events industry. We bring unique technology and creative expertise together to offer the most innovative solutions to our clients that are limited only by imagination!
The Senior Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage all aspects of show pre-production and on-site execution by delivering the highest level of client satisfaction. The person in this position is responsible for the management and execution of our corporate and entertainment events in various locations throughout the U.S. The ideal candidate is one who enjoys participation, and likes to contribute in the design and specification of their work in a collaborative atmosphere. We pride ourselves in unique and innovative event solutions and are searching for a like-minded team member that in not satisfied with status quo.
Must have at least 7 years of live events AV industry experience in project management
- Strong understanding of the AV industry and corporate production with at least seven or more years’ experience working directly with audiovisual equipment, managing clients and their expectations, and understanding work flows for staging production.
- Must have completed shows or events reaching a minimum of $200,000 in total billings.
- Successful candidates will have thorough knowledge of labor requirements (including union labor) and the ability to qualify specific labor skills when filling tech positions for successful operation of equipment.
- Strong technical working knowledge of equipment, content production and work flow that will establish credible and respected leadership of the technical crew.
- General knowledge of lighting and rigging plots needed, as is proficiency with design tools including AutoCAD and Vectorworks.
- The Senior PM position requires well-rounded knowledge of rigging, including dead hangs, bridals, and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety guidelines.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Facilitating pre-show advance process:Attend any pre-production site visits or client walk-throughs, as appropriate.
- Create written job proposals, quotes and CAD drawings that are needed for proposal completion.
- Organize equipment, labor, quotes and proposals, equipment sub rentals, shipping, transportation, and venue requirements; generate all purchase orders (POs) for invoicing
- Initiate email to customer to set up an introduction conference call to begin discussions about the project.Manage crew requirements and labor schedule.
- Update the order and change requests.Create room diagrams if needed.
- Responsible for planning all electrical requirements and hookups of needed power per equipment specifications.
- Generate and maintain production packet in PM Workbook. Contents to include protocol letter, project info sheet, labor schedule, travel and per diem report, on-site schedule, contact sheet, room diagrams, pick list, client-provided agendas, and project flow sheets.
- Work with labor team to qualify specific labor skills when filling tech positions for successful operation of equipment.
Managing on-site show execution:
- Meet truck in advance of crew call time. Assist with getting in dock.
- Receive paperwork from the driver, review shipping pick list, including subrental items, vendor and PO Number.
- Conduct safety meeting with crew, introduce department heads, perform project overview, protocol and etiquette. Introduce Account Manager if he or she is present.
- Discuss customer etiquette; ensure consistently high levels of client satisfaction.
Facilitating post-show closing process:
- Work with Accounting and Operations teams after the show to ensure a timely and accurate invoice is produced for the client. Shows must be returned by the warehouse five days from the return date in AVAIL.
- Update AVAIL and PO's with client ADD orders to reflect any on-site changes that occurred.
- Complete post-show reports.Complete expense and credit card summaries.
Working with sales directors, operations and accounting to ensure proper execution of internal processes that result in high client satisfaction and retention. The PM ensures that all show-related activities are maintained at a high level. The PM must ensure that all areas of the show or event are carried out and meet or exceed customers’ expectations.
- Review every order at least one week before the event to ensure it is complete and accurate while also maximizing the use of internal inventory and people.
- Work with the chief operating officer (COO) and field operations manager to identify additional savings opportunities that maintain the highest level of quality.
- Revise orders based upon client changes/adds and distribute new budget to the client and/or sales director, along with the revised scope of work (SOW).
· Other duties as assigned by Director of Operations.
- · Travel requirement: 60% annually in order to successfully implement the Project Manager’s position within AV Concepts’ job structure.
- The Senior Project Manager demonstrates and promotes the following core values at all times:
- Exceptional teamwork
- High integrity
- Uncompromising professionalism
- Proactive communication
- Positive attitude
- Inspiring leadership
- Continual growth (personal and professional)
This position is based in Tempe, AZ and requires some travel.
If you feel you meet our qualifications and forward-thinking cultural dynamic, you can apply directly through LinkedIn/our website/etc. and please include your resume.
AV Concepts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and pleased to offer PTO, medical, dental, life, disability, and 401k. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment screening including a criminal background and drug test.